June 1, 2012
To support the launch of its Everyday Value line, Tesco has partnered with IPC Media to create a cross-media campaign across seven IPC Media brands: Woman, Chat, Pick Me Up, Essentials, woman&home, What’s on TV and Goodtoknow.co.uk.
Planned and bought by media agency Initiative, the integrated campaign will target mums who are under everyday pressure to make household budgets work harder, so have to shop smarter.
The largest partnership IPC and Tesco have collaborated on to date, this campaign integrates print, online, mobile and a bespoke game, all offering mums genuinely helpful hints, tips and advice on how to feed the family while sticking to a weekly budget.
The campaign includes:
· A bespoke integrated hub - ‘The Home of Everyday Cooking’- has been launched on the Goodtoknow recipes channel. The hub will include a recipe of the day and savvy tips and tricks to showcase ways that readers can be smart with their money
· The Goodtoknow ‘What’s for Dinner’ app will be sponsored for three months
· A bespoke game, entitled ‘Savvy Shopper’, has been created by IPC’s in-house games division, IPC Play. Consumers build recipes by selecting items from a fridge and get bonus points if they select items from the Tesco Everyday Value range
· Print advertorials will showcase the Everyday Value range, positioning it as the choice for savvy shoppers
· Sponsorship of editorial franchises including an extension of the cook cards in Pick Me Up, sponsorship of the ‘bit on the side’ in Chat and new franchise ‘Tasty TV’ in What’s on TV
The activity launches on Goodtoknow today and will be a long-term partnership. The campaign was bought by Sarah Tsirkas, head of magazine brands at Initiative.
Angela Porter, senior marketing manager at Tesco said: “By teaming up with these key IPC magazines and the Goodtoknow website, Tesco is able to reach those people who are considerate in their shopping choices - mums who are looking for great prices but consistently high quality. This cross-media approach is a great strategy for Tesco during such an important brand launch.”
Charlotte Mullan, account director at Initiative, said: “This is the crucial next stage of the campaign for Tesco’s Everyday Value range. Working with these established and well-loved IPC brands is a fantastic way to reach shopping savvy mums who are a key customer base for Tesco. This is a really exciting partnership for us, which will also link readers back to Tesco’s Real Food (www.tescorealfood.com), establishing a true editorial partnership.”
Matt Downs, Creative Media director at IPC Media adds: “We are delighted to be working with Tesco, the Everyday Value range is a perfect fit for our brands. Our audience cares about providing cost effective yet delicious meals for their families and we have created a campaign that engages with them in a variety of ways. Not only does it offer our audience useful tips on how to make savvy shopping choices and tasty, easy to make recipes, but the game also adds even deeper engagement with an element of fun.”
Note to editors
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR IMAGERY PLEASE CONTACT: Anna Foster, Group Head of PR, IPC Media on 020 3148 5406, 07896 103474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org